Friday, September 14, 2007

Labor Day Weekend 2007


Labor day weekend this year was fun. My mom's cousin Nancy and her husband Brian, Shannon and I and Mike and then Jim and his dad and dad's girlfriend, we all went to the Highland game in Pleasanton. I apparently was the only one who had been. We had fun and fortunately it was not tooo hot as it had been during the week. It was great to see the grand finale with over 800 pipers out there to preform together. That is my favorite part. We also watched the sheep dog trials which was intersting and saw the highland cows. OH thats right, Shannon's favorite part might have been the Birds of prey exhibit. That was pretty cool to see the huge birds and tiny little owl. I enjoyed watching the caber toss and we did not watch some of the other heavy weight events but I usually enjoy seeing them.
That night we met up with Jodie, Mark and Cooper for a casual dinner.
Sunday I had a wedding in the city. (Yes the bay bridge was closed labor day weekend. The traffic was easier then a normal Saturday all year) The wedding was at a hotel I had not been to before, The Clift hotel. It was a really different and beautiful location. I do not have a picture from this but thinking I may need to start an Events by Kristin blog. Seems people like to see and read about their own wedding and such.
Monday we went to the Lindsay Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek. Actually, we went and did several things. We went to the PLayground I had helped with back in April. I had not seen it done yet. We then went to the Museum. I had not been in at least 15 years and it is in a new building now. It was neat to see the Mountain Lion and the birds. The Bald Eagle was cooling off in his pool as you can see.






The next part of the day drove around. We went to see the house I lived in from when I was 1 until I was 9. It looks so different than I remember.



After that, we somehow ended up just driving around looking at houses for Sale. We did
that until about 7 or so that night. We saw some great neighborhoods and crazy priced areas also. I guess it was not a very exciting weekend but we had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Tami said...

You didn't mention running into your doctor!

Actually, a blog for the coordination business isn't a bad idea, but I'd keep it totally separate from this one. (Just to remain more professional.) I've heard good things about Clift Hotel, but have never seen it.

I had no idea there was a wildlife museum in Walnut Creek. Looks pretty cool. And Shannon is cracking me up in that wingspan photo. Always with the flying!